Thank you so much for following this blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Papa...Just 5 more minutes...please?

While at the park one day, I sat down next to a man on a bench near a playground.

“That’s my son and my daughter over there,” I said, pointing to a little boy in a blue shirt who try to get a green ball from his sister, who wearing a pinky-stripe blouse.

“They are fine looking kids” the man said. “That’s my daughter on the bike in the green dress.”

Then, looking at his watch, he called to his daughter. “What do you say we go, Aisyah?”
Aisyah pleaded, “Just five more minutes, papa. Please? Just five more minutes.”

The man nodded and Aisyah continued to ride her bike to her heart’s content. Minutes passed and the father stood and called again to his daughter. “Time to go now?”
Again Aisyah pleaded, “Five more minutes, papa. Just five more minutes.”
The man smiled and said, “OK.”

“My, you certainly are a patient father,”i responded.

The man smiled and then said, “Her older brother Adam was killed by a drunk driver last year while he was riding his bike near here. I never spent much time with Adam and now I’d give anything for just five more minutes with him. I’ve vowed not to make the same mistake with Aisyah.

She thinks she has five more minutes to ride her bike. The truth is, I get Five more minutes to watch her play.”

Life is all about making priorities, what are your priorities?

Give someone you love 5 more minutes of your time today!

Good day bloggy....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts